Today, on 1st February Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented Union Budget 2021-22 in Lok Sabha between 11 am and 1 pm. This year, the budget is special in many aspects as it was presented under numerous challenges due to the Corona pandemic. Also, it is the first paperless budget presented in the History of Independent India. Due to all these circumstances, the eyes of the common people were set to the budget, and earlier this month, Sitharaman had stated that the budget for the fiscal year beginning April will be “like never before.
Here are the top 10 picks from today's budget that you should know!
1. PM Atmanirbhar Swast Bharat outlays a plan of Rs. 64,180 cr over 6 years to enhance primary, secondary, and tertiary health care in the country.
2. Outlay to the covid vaccines worth Rs 35,000 in 2021. And the total amount for health care is 2,23,846 crore as compared to 94,452 the last year.
3. For the year 2021-22 capital expenditure allocation is Rs. 5.54 Lakh crore
4. The scrapping policy for old vehicles has been announced. Private vehicles will undergo a fitness test after 20 years. And all the commercial vehicles after 15 years
5. The foreign ownership limit of insurance companies has been increased from
49% to 74%
6. Highway works have been proposed in four States, which are West Bengal, Kerala, Assam, and Tamilnadu.
3500 km corridor in Tamil Nadu
With an investment of Rs 65,000 crores e, 1,100 km in Kerala
675 km in West Bengal with an investment of Rs 95,000 crores
1300 km in the next 3 years in Assam
7. In the Power sector, Consumers to be given a choice of more than one distribution company for electricity.
8. In the Education sector, 100 new Sainik schools to set up. A central university in Leh. Rs 39,219 crores over a time period of 6 years to benefit Schedule caste students.
9. Rs. 300 crore granted to the state of Goa for the celebration of 50 years of Independence from Portuguese.
10. No more changes in Income tax slabs, No changes in income tax exemptions.